We are proud of our school uniform with its colours of red, grey, black and white. Red reflects the colour of the poppies that grew on the heathland where our school is built.
We like all children to wear uniform as it encourages a sense of belonging, a feeling of equality and pride in being a member of our school. We emphasise that children come to school to work and play and that uniform should be comfortable, warm and practical rather than reflecting the latest fashion.
We therefore, ask you please, not to allow your child to wear the following items of clothing at school:trainers, (except for outside games lessons), jogging bottoms, leggings, stirrup pants, straight skirts or fashion shoes with heels.
Children are not permitted to wear make-up, jewellery and nail varnish at school.
A maximum of a watch and one pair of plain stud earrings can be worn.
Please ensure that all items are clearly marked with your child’s name.
PMG Schoolwear - Stockists for School uniform
PMG Schoolwear will sell uniform through their website and also in their shop in Ipswich town centre. Pupils may also wear unbranded school uniform in the appropriate colours.
- Skirt –Grey or black, not too tight, long or short
- Pinafore Dress (Children will need to be able to change themselves for PE).
- Trousers or culottes – Grey or black, not leggings or tracksuit trousers.
- Blouse – Red, white or grey.
- Shirt – White, grey or red polo shirt.
- Sweatshirt, Cardigan or Jumper – Red.
- Socks or tights – white, red, grey or black
- Shoes – black with flat heels - no boots or trainers. These should have flat heels.
- In addition to the above, there are warm weather alternatives:
- Short trousers - grey – not sport shorts.
- Dress – Red and white check or stripe.
- Sun hat
- White cotton T-shirt
- Red shorts
- Black or white plimsolls
- Children will also need extra clothing for outdoor lessons.
- Tracksuit and or sweatshirt - black or grey.
Swimming - Year 5
- One piece swimming costume or close-fitting trunks (NOT LOOSE SHORTS).
- Swimming hat – marked on outside with child’s name.
All children should have a named PE drawstring bag, which will hang on their coat peg and contain PE kit, painting shirt and for small children, spare underwear and socks. The painting shirt can be an old long sleeved shirt to completely cover and protect uniform. They are available to purchase from the school shop. A book bag is also required. This can also be purchased from PMG Schoolwear.
It is important that all items of clothing, book bags PE bags, towels for swimming and drinks bottles are clearly marked with your child’s name.Unnamed garments, which cannot be traced to their owners, will be placed in the LOST PROPERTY BOX in the school foyer.
Un-named lost property will be disposed of every half term.