Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Salary: Grade 4 Starting point (£24,054 fte)
Full time: 39 Weeks 32.50 hours/week
Job type: Permanent
We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant who will form positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents and uphold the strong, caring ethos and inclusive environment of our friendly and popular school.
The role involves teaching classes from Nursery to Year 6 during staff planning, preparation and assessment time and periods of short-term absence and providing support in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils by working with individuals or groups of pupils when whole class cover is not required.
Whilst an HLTA qualification is desirable it is not essential, and we would welcome applications from teaching assistants that have experience of teaching whole classes.
The successful candidates will:
- Have the HLTA qualification or equivalent
- Have experience of delivering whole class teaching and/or supervising whole classes in a primary school setting
- Have experience of classroom management
- Have a good understanding of how children learn
- Be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the children.
- Be able to liaise closely with teachers
We can offer:
- A happy, friendly, vibrant primary school of 620 motivated and positive learners
- A lively and supportive staff team
- An inclusive and caring ethos
- A wide range of CPD opportunities
- Access to a national Employee Assistance Programme
Start Date: Monday 17th April 2023
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact the school office on 01473 729544 and we will be proud to show you round our wonderful school.
Please find supporting documents below
Completed application forms to be sent to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 6th March 2023 midday
Interview dates: Week beginning 6th March 2023
Please Note: Applications will be considered on receipt and interviews may be arranged as soon as mutually convenient.